• Cooking & preparation time 45 min
• Servings 6-8
10-12 Red peppers (piquillos pepper preferred)
1 Lbs Salt cod or any white fish
1 bay leaf
4 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and smashed
4 garlic cloves minced
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 spoon of sweet paprika
Chopped parsley to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Stuffing:
1. Soak salt cod in water for 24 hrs. Change water 3-4 times (you can use regular fresh fish and no need to soak)
2. Cut the fish in pieces and cook it on a saucepan with olive oil, garlic and the bay leaf for 3-4 minutes. Set aside until cool down.
3. Mix the fish with the smashed potatoes. Add fresh parsley and olive oil slowly until you get a consistency of a coarse puree.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Peppers:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Fill the peppers with the stuffing. Place them in a oiled baking dish. Sprinkle sweet paprika on top.
3. Bake them for 20-30 minutes. Serve then warm as tapas. Ole!