• Cooking time 30 min. Total 50 min.
• Servings 6
6 cups veggie stock
3 tablespoons oil
2 lbs white mushrooms, halved
2 shallots, diced
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt, to taste
3 tablespoons chives
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat the broth over low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft. about 3 minute.
3. Put the mushrooms and the liquid in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the shallots for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the rice,coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
6. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
7. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed and add salt to taste.
8. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm (about 18-20 min. approx.)
9. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.