• Cooking time 1 hr
• Servings 6
2 cups flour
2 cup corn meal
1 lb calamari, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
1 lb large shrimp, tail on and deveined
1 lb skin off cod or white fish fillets cut in pieces
1 egg plant
Parsley and basil leaves
Vegetable oil (for frying)
2 cups marinara sauce, hot
1. The zucchini and eggplants should be cut into 1-inch by 4-inch individual strips.
2. Mix on bowl A/P flout , corn meal and salt. Pour the fish and veggies into the mix as you fried them. Remove the excess of mixture.
3. Season all the seafood and vegetables with salt and pepper. Then dip seafood in the flour/corn meal mix. Remove the excess mixture.
4. Now preheat the oil to 325 F and fry fish in batches starting with calamari (1-2 minutes), shrimp (2-3 minutes) and finish with cod (4-5 minutes). After each batch let oil return to frying temp before doing next batch. Salt again always just after frying.
5. Now dip the veggies and again let excess drip off and then fry until golden brown. About 3 to 4 minutes. Watch your temperature and the vegetables.
6. Drain all fried items on paper plates. Taste and season as needed.
7. Garnish with drizzles of aioli, andparsley.
8. Dig in and be a Roman.