• Cooking time 4 Hours 30 Min
• Servings 6
2 lbs beef flank steak
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
3 cups of water
2 cup beef broth
2 cups of any cola beverage
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
20 small olives diced
6 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
3. Transfer beef to a slow cooker. With water, beef broth and coke. Add bay leaves, cumin, coriander, black pepper and 3 garlic cloves to taste.
4. Cover and cook at medium heat for 4 hrs.
5. Remove from heath, and let cool down. Shred the meat into thin stripes.
6. On a separate pan sauté onion, bell peppers diced olives, garlic, olive oil and vinegar.
7. Stir until well blended. Add the juices of the beef.
8. Pour in the shred beef and broth , cook it with the peppers al together for another 30-45 minutes until liquid is reduced to half. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
9. When ready serve with rice , black beans and tortillas.