• Cooking time 60 minutes
• Serves 10-12
-For the cake
1 1/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-Blueberry filling and marmalade
1 Lbs fresh blue berries
3 spoon lemon/orange juice
3 spoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of lime zest
1 teaspoon of flour
2. Mix cake ingredients together until get a firm consistency: flour, sugar, melted butter, egg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract.
3. Put the cake dough together , cover with a plastic film and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to rest.
4. Mix 3/4 Lbs of blueberries with 1 spoon of lemon juice , 1 teaspoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of lime zest, and 1 spoon of sugar.
5. Take the dough out of the refri and spread it on the round baking pan. Use water if required to moisture the dough.
6. Fill the dough on top with the fresh berries mix and put it in the oven for 40 minutes (Oven at 350F).
7. While the cake is baking, prepare a berries marmalade.
8. Poor on a hot saucepan 1/4 Lbs blueberries, 2 spoon of sugar and 2 spoon on orange juice. Let them cook and reduce until you have marmalade consistency.
9. When cake is done, allow to cool; then fill with the berries marmalade on top and sprinkle confectioners sugar on top for presentation.
10. Serve a la mode with vanilla ice-cream scoop or your favorite ice-cream flavor on top.
Recipe courtesy Chef Daniela Carla